Monday, December 14, 2009

I have a lot of strange feelings after watching one episode of the New Jersey Shore reality show on MTV.

For one, I know there are a lot of guidos there obviously but its also pretty punk rock as well. I don't think they should of aimed for one demographic when casting. They should of forced some guidos and guidettes to mingle with some typical NJ Punk (maybe scene) kids. That would of created such a dynamic.

I also realized that guidos choose to be the way they are. They desire to look that way and they like calling them selves guido. I thought they just didn't know any better. I was wrong. I also learned that subculture and straying from the mainstream doesn't automatically mean you are cool. Then again what determines cool? Either way the guido lifestyle is another subculture right next to hipsters in the broader spectrum. (a little research goes a long way)

Another question I am interested in is a simple one I hope someone can explain for me. Why is it that guidos HAVE TO be jacked out of their minds, go to the gym 3 times a day and wax their eyebrows while guidettes are all sloppy and gross with beer guts? (this lifestyle is sounding more appealing by the minute) I watched Pauly D check out Sammi Sweatheart's legs and go "damn those are the nicest legs I have ever seen on a woman" mind you her thighs are thicker than her head. (literally and figuratively)

I also read and I quote "as they wade (carefully) through the (dirty) water and step (gingerly) on the (needle-ridden) sand on their way to down Jagerbombs." Honestly, thats a tired joke. I have never stepped on a needle at the shore. I've stepped on needles in tompkins sq park but never at the shore.

Its not all bad I love seeing the beautiful "film"-esque shots of seaside the most magical place on earth (aside from disney world). The sky ride I have ridden more times than I can count, glistens in the sun. I love knowing exactly where the t-shirt store they work at is. I also love learning about the nightlife hot spots so now that I am 21 I can experience these wonderful things first hand. Although someone needs to win someone a beta fish to make this complete. There is also no mention of deep fried oreos yet. I assume this will be touched on eventually.

One more thing I must mention and wonder. After spending 10 years of my life living in Staten Island and then the obvious influence of New Jersey, I am lucky to have any class. For this one shred I speak of, I am truly grateful.


“Wear a thong bikini if you are going to wear anything at all That’s a little bit more classy you know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment