Monday, December 14, 2009

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? flown across an ocean, roommate swap, crack

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't really do that.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? ew

4. Did anyone close to you die? my great aunt, b-mann

5. What countries did you visit? prague, does amsterdam count? probably not

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? a doctor, some space, more me time, consistency

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory? any bigger parties we had, any time I sat in the park with sarah this summer, the time me and andrew got pizza and forgot to pay the lady

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? getting un-stuck

9. What was your biggest failure? I did pretty good for myself

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? wisdom teeth, the eye infection I had for over a month

11. What was the best thing you bought? groceries

14. Where did most of your money go? potz and panz, bleaching my hair over and over, egg and cheese every day of the summer, bars and buying people drinks when I really shouldn't have, eating out

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? every party we had, linzi coming back from prague,

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? neon indian- deadbeat summer, modest mouse- here it comes, silver jews - smith and jones, michael jackson, anything by crass or iggy (+/- the stooges) , mark morrison- return of the mack, busta rhymes- gimme some more, big L- put it on

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder - happier
Older or wiser - Wiser by far
Thinner or fatter? - same?
Richer or poorer? - same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? More shows, more movies, more time laying around the park, more reading, more making out, more photo taking, more doing things for myself only

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? facebook, internet in general, stoges, eating

20. How will you be spending Christmas? with my aunt and uncle probably

22. Did you fall in love in 2009? no, well maybe for a second, but then I sobered up.

24. What was your favorite TV program? nip/tuck, iron chef america, ROBOT CHICKEN

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate people really

26. What was the best book you read? middlesex, life of pi

27. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2009? king khan and bbq, intelligence, health, sic alps, best coast, gories, vivian girls, crystal antlers, this is kind of a sad list, there really isn't any new music that I like that much

28. What did you want and get? I make shit happen all the time who knows

29. What did you want and not get? The mentor show but I'm pretty indifferent to that

30. What was your favorite film of this year? fantastic mr. fox, true romance (I'm changing this to movies I saw this year) paranormal activity, reprise

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 21, I was in martha's vineyard and I got wasted at spike's house with ben and perri and some other people I don't remember where there also. Then when I came back everyone threw me a surprise party at Alex's.

32. Whats one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? if things came a little more naturally

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? I can basically pull off anything. I can wear a burlap sack and people would ask me where I got it.

34. What kept you sane? sarah, linzi, ben

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? not so into that

36. What political issue stirred you the most? I don't really care about politics, go bloomberg yey (maybe?)

37. Who did you miss? lots of people all the time but I am bad at communicating and staying in touch so I can't complain

38. Who was the best new person you met? I wanna say andrew because I can't think of any one else.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: don't sleep in beds with people that don't have sheets, don't think that anyone will change for you, don't use fake Ids at the bowery poetry club, don't get involved with guys that are obsessed with their ex girlfriends, If you feel a certain way about something just say it bluntly, carrots are really good for your skin, don't let your friends dye your hair

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Broken account so I broke a sweat. I've bought some things that I sort of regret about now. Broken glasses, but it broke the ice. You said that I was an asshole and I paid the price. Broken hearts want broken necks. I've done some things that I want to forget but I can't. Broke my pace and ran out of time. Sometimes I'm so full of shit that it should be a crime. Broke up, and I'm relieved somehow. It's the end of the discussions that just go round and round And round, and round, and round, and round, And round, and round. It shouldn't have been anyway.

1 comment: